Applications are welcome for the University of Glasgow Scholarship for International Master of Arts in Global Markets and Local Creations (GLOCAL) in 2021.
The International Master’s Degree in Global Markets and Local Creativities is an integrated global program that covers the theory, history, institutions and cultures of global capitalism. Offers perspectives on the globalized economy, with an emphasis on creative and cultural economies / industries, urban environments that stimulate creativity, entrepreneurship, innovation, and corporate cultures. All teaching is in English.
The aim of the program is to investigate how local places (clusters, cities and regions) and local actors (businessmen, organizations and policy makers) create local competitiveness under international market conditions. This program emphasizes the importance of the historical and social context in which economic growth, government policies and business strategies take place. This two-year academic program will equip you with the essential skills to understand the overlapping complementarities between the global and the local, as well as provide opportunities for hands-on experience with organizations and public policy organizations.
The degree is perfect for exceptionally talented candidates seeking careers in public policy or urban organizations, international consulting firms, multinationals, cultural and creative industries, or other non-profit organizations. Applicants will be encouraged to explore a variety of interdisciplinary perspectives on the process and experience of globalization from a territorial perspective, particularly cities, creative industries, growth, and local cultures of entrepreneurship.
The University of Glasgow Scholarship can be awarded to applicants from anywhere in the world; however, no more than three of the same nationality will be awarded in the same cohort in the same category. The conditions of the scholarship depend on the nationality and place of residence of the candidate.
Value of the University of Glasgow Scholarship
The University of Glasgow scholarship covers:
- A contribution to the candidate’s participation costs (tuition fees, full insurance coverage and all other mandatory participation costs)
- A contribution to the candidate’s travel and installation expenses.
- A monthly subsistence allowance for the duration of the course.
Eligibility for the University of Glasgow scholarship
To be eligible for the Glasgow University scholarship;
- It is important to meet the specified GPA conditions for admission to the program.
- They accept applications from a variety of backgrounds within careers of business, social sciences, humanities, and languages; however, a solid background in history, political science, economics, development studies, or business administration is desirable.
- Other specializations are eligible if the candidate also has an education, experience, or background in these areas.
- Those enrolling in Pathway B: Global Markets & Development (Barcelona, Glasgow, Göttingen) or Pathway F: Global Political Economy (Uppsala, Glasgow, Göttingen) must have a Bachelor’s degree in social sciences.
- If you are unsure if your title is eligible, please email the program manager to verify: email@example.com
- International students with an academic qualification below that specified should contact the partner institution, Glasgow International College, which offers a variety of pre-master courses.
How to Apply for a University of Glasgow Scholarship
You can register as:
- a candidate funded by an Erasmus Mundus scholarship
- a self-funded student
The following documents are required;
- Diploma certificate (and official interpretation in English)
- Official transcripts (and an official interpretation in English), with complete information on the subjects studied and the grades / grades obtained
- Two reference letters on stationery. They do not accept referrals sent from personal email addresses or through third parties.
- knowledge of english
- A scanned copy of the information page of the passport document.
- Curriculum vitae
- Scholarship application form (including personal statement) OR
- Separate personal statement (only for candidates of their own resources)
- (upload all essential login credentials to UoG online application system)
Application Deadline for University of Glasgow Scholarship
Application ends on Friday, January 8, 2021.